Women's Fund Grantmaking
Funding requests are accepted once each year according to our grant cycle. Funding requirements may change from year to year; therefore, grantseekers are advised to revisit this page prior to beginning the grant application process.
We consider funding requests for grants on a yearly cycle which typically begins each January. The requirements and instructions provided here are to be considered current and accurate only for the duration of the Women's Fund's grant cycle, which runs from January through May each year. Applications will be accepted from the January announcement date through the February deadline. Applications submitted after the February deadline will not be considered.
The Women's Fund of Posey County welcomes funding requests from non-profit organizations that are tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving Posey County women and children. Funding requests from other non-profit organizations to carry out charitable projects or activities that address issues facing women and children in Posey County may be accepted.
Applications submitted by an entity under the auspices of another agency must include a written statement signed by the agency’s board president on behalf of the board of directors agreeing to act as the entity’s fiscal sponsor, to receive grant monies if awarded, and to oversee the proposed project.
Project Areas Funded by the Women's Fund
The Women's Fund of Posey County is used to make yearly grants to support a variety of projects or programs serving women and children in Posey County, such as programs that prevent domestic violence, secure family-supporting jobs, promote health and education, and develop confidence. The programs or projects for which funding is being requested must address the needs and opportunities which support the Fund's mission of providing opportunities, encouragement, knowledge and hope to our community's women and children.
The Women's Fund Steering Committee will review funding requests and will contact grant applicants for an interview. Once interviews have concluded, the Steering Committee will make its recommendations on funding to the Posey County Community Foundation Board of Trustees, which will make final funding recommendations to the Community Foundation Alliance Board of Directors (our governing body). No lobbying or soliciting of Steering Committee or Board members will be permitted.
If the funding request is approved, the organization may be required to submit a final report at project completion.
How to Apply
- Click on the "Apply for a Grant" link provided below to be directed to our grant program logon page.
- Choose "Create New Account" and complete your registration. (Note: If you have already created an account with us in order to apply for a different Posey County Community Foundation grant opportunity or a grant opportunity in one of the other Alliance counties, you do not have to create another account. Simply use the login/password from your initial account creation.)
- Once you have created your account and are at your "Dashboard," click the "Apply" button in the menu.
- You must enter pos in the "Access Code" field to gain access to Posey County Community Foundation grant applications.
- Click on the link to the Women's Fund of Posey County-Grant Proposal Form and begin entering your data.
- Once you have completed the application and attached all required documents, click the "Submit Form" button.
- Do not click the "Submit Form" button until you have completed all sections of the application form, attached the required documents, and proofread your entries. You may save your application and come back to finish it at a later time by clicking the "Save as Draft" button.
- If you do not have a required document in digital format or do not have access to a scanner in order to convert it into a PDF document, use the "Fax to File" tool, located in the menu. The "Fax to File" tool allows you to "scan" the document using a fax machine, which will then allow you to save the document in digital format.
- After you have submitted your application, you should check the status of your application periodically by logging into your account and reviewing your "Dashboard."
- Check your email daily in case we have questions about your application.
- For questions, contact the Posey County Community Foundation.
February 25, 2013
Click the following link to begin your application:
Apply for a Grant
To log back into your account, click here to be directed to the logon page.
The following supporting documents must be electronically attached to the Grant Proposal Form (as a Word or PDF document).
Attachment 1: Current board roster with professional affiliations
Attachment 2: Organization's current annual operating budget
Attachment 3: Most recent financial statement (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
Attachment 4: Fiscal sponsor agreement letter, if applicable